About Me

My photo
Hi, I'm Suzanne and I'm a stay at home mother to three. I have started my own vintage furniture business and am writing this blog to document its journey from idea to reality. My favorite things include my Matthew, Ella and Sophie, my handsome husband and all things PAINT! Believe me, I am not an experienced business person but I do know how to sand, strip, paint and am a DIY queen, so please follow along as I navigate the ups and downs of The Painted Drawer. Please join in the fun and become a member or subscribe. Cheers!

The Painted Drawer on Etsy

Sunday, July 1, 2012

Big Steps and Storms

Big news this week for The Painted Drawer!  Starting in August, I will have my own shop at On A Whim in Lucketts!  Very exciting and a bit daunting but it makes me smile :)

OK, the nerves kick in - paying rent every month, making sure I have enough merchandise to sell, driving out there (not exactly next door) every week and basically making a huge commitment.  I am surprised that even with all of the above, I am still SO EXCITED and happy to have my own space. 

Here is a quick pic of where I will be.  It is currently full of items from the vendor who is moving to a larger, downstairs space.  I am looking forward to filling it up with The Painted Drawer's unique vintage finds and making it mine! 

My space is between the wall hangings - nice size!



In other news, we had quite the storm come through Maryland last Friday night.  Our neighborhood's power lines are down and tree limbs are strewn all over the streets.  We packed up and have been staying with family because we still don't have power, which means no air conditioning, no computer access, no phones and - gasp - no coffee!  Tonight we are headed back home, power or not.  I love my family but sometimes you just want your own bed, even if it means sleeping in a furnace!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...