About Me

My photo
Hi, I'm Suzanne and I'm a stay at home mother to three. I have started my own vintage furniture business and am writing this blog to document its journey from idea to reality. My favorite things include my Matthew, Ella and Sophie, my handsome husband and all things PAINT! Believe me, I am not an experienced business person but I do know how to sand, strip, paint and am a DIY queen, so please follow along as I navigate the ups and downs of The Painted Drawer. Please join in the fun and become a member or subscribe. Cheers!

The Painted Drawer on Etsy

Thursday, June 21, 2012

Canada Bound

Gearing up to leave today for Ottawa to visit family and celebrate my aunt's 80th birthday.  A much needed break after a week packed with baseball stress.  My son's team - the Lions - came in second place after a hard fought tournament.  I'm so proud of my son and my husband (the fantastic coach) for working so hard and doing so well.  My husband is the one on the right in the picture and my son, Matthew is the blond second from right :)  After the week we have had, I am really looking forward to getting into the car and driving away for a much needed break!

Always hard at work on The Painted Drawer, my mother and I searched and found some fantastic unique vintage finds!  A beautiful plank table with french country flair ironwork underneath, a lovely, curvy side table with gorgeous carving on
the front and a few sweet side tables that have The Painted Drawer's signature curvy charm!  Please check these out on my new page in my blog "For Sale".  I can custom paint any piece in the design and color scheme that fits someone's specific decor.    

I met a wonderful new friend, Sarah, who has the blog The Thriftress.  Check her out by hitting her button on my home page.  She is very talented and has some fantastic finds in her space at the Stylish Patina Barn.  She is currently at the Haven event in Atlanta - so jealous!  I also cannot believe that my facebook page has grown to close to 300 "likes".  A huge shout out THANKS to Sweet Pea Home on Facebook who recommended me to her readers.  The most amazing thing with starting this business has been meeting such wonderful people!  From Celeste, Kelly, Sarah and all of my new friends from The Painted Drawer's Facebook page - it has been truly wonderful.  I feel that a whole new chapter of friendships has blossomed with the growth of The Painted Drawer.  It's a wonderful thing!

Other quick news of the week is that my French Bombe Chest sold while we were standing there taking pictures of it :)  I know it is corny but I actually dedicated a whole page of my blog to this piece!  At the beginning of the week, Michelle picked up her custom piece.  This is a lovely buffet that she had done in Old White, Paris Grey and Provence Blue.  Lightly distressed and waxed with both dark and clear waxes, it looked great.  Allison stopped by to discuss her new dresser and I am looking forward to starting that project.  Kathryn is having me paint her grandmother's lovely desk in Duck Egg (my favorite all time color!) and I know this will turn out to be a fantastic transformation.

OK, off to pack the remaining clothing and random items for our car trip to Canada - can't forget the passports!  12 hours in the car with 3 kids and my husband and believe it or not, I am really looking forward to it! 

Suzanne

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...