About Me

My photo
Hi, I'm Suzanne and I'm a stay at home mother to three. I have started my own vintage furniture business and am writing this blog to document its journey from idea to reality. My favorite things include my Matthew, Ella and Sophie, my handsome husband and all things PAINT! Believe me, I am not an experienced business person but I do know how to sand, strip, paint and am a DIY queen, so please follow along as I navigate the ups and downs of The Painted Drawer. Please join in the fun and become a member or subscribe. Cheers!

The Painted Drawer on Etsy

Sunday, July 29, 2012

A Long (Rewarding!) Day

Late July and I'm enjoying the long nights, the lazy mornings, the Olympics, baseball, going out for crabcake sandwiches on a Saturday, and moving furniture because...

The Painted Drawer is now officially at On A Whim in Lucketts!  I have spent the past few weeks painting until I could "paint no more".  My husband walked in from work the other evening and found me sitting on the sofa with a paint brush in my hand.  I looked at him and said "the Paintaholic is finally painted out" and he laughed.  All worth it though! 


Now, onto The Long Day...we moved the major pieces on Thursday.  This, of course, happened to be one of the hottest of the summer so far - I mean, baking hot.  My husband took the morning off work and my father came over to lend a helping hand (bad backs and all - they are troopers).  We managed to get the furniture into both my minivan and the back of the car and then we were on our way.  It typically takes about 50 minutes door to door.  This time, we took the ferry across the Potomac which saves a little time and is a very pretty drive. 

On A Whim has two floors and the stairs are very steep.  My space is on the top floor and everything needs to make it up those steep stairs!  As you know, I was seriously stressing about moving that big, beautiful, and very heavy sideboard.  Thank goodness, we had help on the other end and managed to get the sideboard and large dresser up with no mishaps.  Talk about a huge sense of relief.

After those pieces were unloaded, my father and I headed back home for round two.  Once home, we loaded up again.  Not a lot of fun moving furniture in 100 degree heat!  Another trip over the ferry, another unload, a move up the stairs and we were done for the day.  I mean...done.  A very long day!

At the moment, I have the sideboard, the provence blue dresser, the fleur de lis chest, the curvy cabinet and a few end tables there.  I have a few more pieces that I am just finishing up that will bring my space closer to what I want.  I have "the look" already in my head.  I just need to make it happen!

3 comments:

  1. So happy to have found your blog and excited for your new adventure. Keep posting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't sell that blue dresser ... My brother (?) wants it!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...