About Me

My photo
Hi, I'm Suzanne and I'm a stay at home mother to three. I have started my own vintage furniture business and am writing this blog to document its journey from idea to reality. My favorite things include my Matthew, Ella and Sophie, my handsome husband and all things PAINT! Believe me, I am not an experienced business person but I do know how to sand, strip, paint and am a DIY queen, so please follow along as I navigate the ups and downs of The Painted Drawer. Please join in the fun and become a member or subscribe. Cheers!

The Painted Drawer on Etsy

Sunday, May 6, 2012

Curvy Legs in Miami

Another week has flown by and what a busy week it was!  In the middle of a week filled with a Geography Bowl (way to go Ciccarello's Charging Chickens for their victory with my Ella as captain) and a fifth grade field trip to Mt. Vernon (can you say, exhausting?),  I was able to hunt for new treasures for The Painted Drawer.  Well, I found... a GORGEOUS carved dresser.  When I say gorgeous, I mean spectacular.  It is the kind of piece that I just need to stare at for awhile and let it soak in.  Then I can start to organize my thoughts of where I want to go with it and have fun! 
My scout (mother!) purchased a fantastic, extremely large, french country shelf that is going to look amazing when painted.  It has hooks for coats, etc. and is a neat piece - I can't wait to post some pics. 
On another afternoon I found a chair with great lines, a very old, little caned rocker, and a solid wood, vintage, twin sized headboard/footboard.  I may have to keep that one for my Sophie :)


In other news, my Curvy Legged Side Table has found herself a new home!  Andrea from Miami contacted me about purchasing this curvy lady.  The problem was that Mike (my trusted mover and new best friend) was leaving that night for Miami but my curvy table was still all the way in Frederick.  She was hanging out in the Barn waiting for the next Barn sale in a few weeks. 

After getting the neighbor's boys to help me unload a bowfront chest out of my van (another new find this week), I basically threw the girls into the back and we raced over to Frederick to the Barn.  My strong 11 year old and I managed to get the table into the van and we raced home.  Mike showed up that night and we were able to deliver it from Maryland to Miami in ONE DAY!  She was thrilled and amazed at the speed of delivery (as was I!).  It now has the perfect spot in her daughter's room.  It really makes me smile to think of how happy her daughter is with her new vintage gem :) 

On Friday, Michelle came by and she loves her bamboo chic cabinet! It really turned out to be a looker, as you can see in the picture.  Michelle took it home and dressed it up and made it a charming vintage addition to her decor! I love the Old White over Paris Grey. It gives it such a soft look. I now have Michelle's sweet side table to paint in one of my favorites blues. I am really looking foward to starting this one and getting the table to transform into a new, charming piece! I will take a before/after pic for that one - there is something about whites, greys and blues that just always make me happy.

Recycling at its best!  A lost, poor, abandoned gem brought back to life again.  I know, it sounds corny but it is how I feel.  I don't have any field trips or Girl Scout meetings this week so I can hopefully spend a lot of time working on The Painted Drawer's new projects and finishing good old Elmer.  This week brings my birthday, baseball, a lot of paint and a ton of work to do in the garden.  I am looking forward to getting started!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...