About Me

My photo
Hi, I'm Suzanne and I'm a stay at home mother to three. I have started my own vintage furniture business and am writing this blog to document its journey from idea to reality. My favorite things include my Matthew, Ella and Sophie, my handsome husband and all things PAINT! Believe me, I am not an experienced business person but I do know how to sand, strip, paint and am a DIY queen, so please follow along as I navigate the ups and downs of The Painted Drawer. Please join in the fun and become a member or subscribe. Cheers!

The Painted Drawer on Etsy

Sunday, May 13, 2012

You Win Some, You Lose Some...

Things have been happening at The Painted Drawer this week!  I am at work on a curvy, vintage chair which has been really fun.  It's being painted in Annie Sloan Old White and waxed with the clear and then dark waxes.  The dark wax has really brought this chair back to life.  All of its intricate detail has been highlighted and I absolutely love it.  I may have to keep this one for my office :) but seriously it is lovely. 

Amy and her husband, Chris, stopped by this week.  She had seen the French Country Carved Oak Dresser on Etsy.  I am happy to say that she loves it and is going to give it a great new home.  It is seriously French Country with the curves along the side and the bowfront and the details!  A true vintage gem with its glass pulls and keyhole drawers - I am sure it will shine in its new home.


In other news, The Painted Drawer is going to have some pieces at the big sale in Lucketts this coming weekend.  Kelly from Stylish Patina has a space there and I am consigning some things to her.  Never having been to a Lucketts sale, I have a lot to learn.  It should be fun and interesting to see what other vendors have and get ideas!

Oh, Elmer is done!  Check out the picture!  Isn't he a rustic handsome fellow?  I really love his size because he fits just about anywhere in the house and is oozing vintage charm.  This one is not extremely utilitarian because his age does show.  I mean, his drawers are not the easiest to open and close - I always look for that when buying a piece - but he is so sweet that it doesn't matter.  Don't get me wrong, they do open/close but not seamlessly!  He is painted blue and, inside, the drawers are green.  I also worked very hard on the French Country Side Table painted in Paris Grey and Old White.  This piece is just lovely.  Curves, detail, a working drawer, solid as a rock!  Who wouldn't want to add this looker to their decor? 

As far as my scouting of all things vintage is concerned, this week I made a mistake.  I was able to find a great dresser and bed for my Sophie.  I saw a lovely table that was beckoning me...please buy me, please buy me... but I didn't.  By the time I turned around to get her, she was gone.  So, I lost one due to my wavering personality.  I am sure one day I will realize that if I see something, I should go for it and worry about it later!

Well, after a busy weekend of baseball and Mother's Day, this week will be busy.  I'm getting things ready for Lucketts, painting Michelle's side table, finishing the vintage chair and also starting to work on a desk for Mary.  She is a young mom who just moved to Virginia.  She has this great roll top desk that is in need of a makeover.  I will post the before/after pics next week :)
Take care from The Painted Drawer!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...