About Me

My photo
Hi, I'm Suzanne and I'm a stay at home mother to three. I have started my own vintage furniture business and am writing this blog to document its journey from idea to reality. My favorite things include my Matthew, Ella and Sophie, my handsome husband and all things PAINT! Believe me, I am not an experienced business person but I do know how to sand, strip, paint and am a DIY queen, so please follow along as I navigate the ups and downs of The Painted Drawer. Please join in the fun and become a member or subscribe. Cheers!

The Painted Drawer on Etsy

Saturday, April 21, 2012

Barn sales, navigating the shipping world...

I finally am able to write another post on my blog!  What a busy week it has been.  I went to Falls Church, VA to buy some Annie Sloan Chalk Paint.  While in the store I met a great girl, Kelly, who owns a shop called Stylish Patina.  Turns out she has a big barn out in Frederick, MD as well as space in Lucketts, VA and the Falls Church location.  I emailed her pics of my "unique vintage finds" and she invited me to consign a few at her Barn sale.  So, last Monday my long suffering husband loaded up the minivan and my even longer suffering father helped me deliver the furniture the next day.  It was quite a job, believe me!  Heavy stuff, these vintage finds!  Very happy to report that my beach chic dresser sold today and I believe my curvy sidetable. :)



On Thursday evening my Gorgeous Vintage Dresser was picked up by the soon-to-be grandparents of its new owner!  This beautiful piece is going into a nursery in Brooklyn Heights, NY.  It will be there to welcome its new little owner when he/she is delivered in August!  Best of luck to Natasha and her lovely family.

My stately chest of drawers sold via Etsy!  I have spent the past two days figuring out how to ship my handsome chest to its new home in Florida.  I think after a lot of Google research and emails, I may have found an answer - FINGERS CROSSED.  Oh, my gosh this has taken forever and a day to figure out.  Why is it that everything is so difficult at first?  I had no idea that UShip charges for its service, or that there are so many options in shipping, or that Paypal charges an arm and a leg...

I must add that I had a wonderful time today with my girls.  Dressed in toile and looking beautiful in pink and peach, we had fun driving to the Barn sale.  Congrats to my son and husband on their baseball team's (go Lions!) win!

Here are pictures of my latest sales.  I just love that I have found them new homes which will give them the love they deserve!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...